According to the HP Support website, image defects, no matter the cause, can often be resolved using the same steps. The most common image defects are light print, gray background or dark print, blank pages, black pages, dark or light bands, dark or light streaks, and colors that do not align.
Use the following steps as a starting point for solving image defect issues.
- Reprint the document. Often times, print quality defects are sporadic and can go away completely with continued printing.
- Check the condition of the ink cartridges. If a cartridge is in a very low state, replace the cartridge with a new one. You may also try shaking the cartridge to redistribute the toner evenly. When reinstalling the cartridge, make sure it is installed correctly.
- Make sure that the tray print mode settings match the media that is loaded in the tray. Try using a different ream of media or a different print mode.
- Make sure that the printer is within the correct operating temperature/humidity range.
- Make sure that the paper type, size, and weight are supported by the printer.
Still Having Trouble?
You may need to get your HP laser printer repaired. Request fast laser printer repair online or call us at 1-646-846-2281 ext. 1 and one of our technicians will arrive at your office to assist you within 8 business hours or less. You can trust us because we've been repairing HP Printers in the NYC Area since they were invented, and all of our repairs are backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee as part of our Smart Service Doctrine.
Here at A M Exclusive, our goal is to provide you with reliable technology solutions that will make your organization more efficient. Since 1985, we have been striving to make our clients’ busy work lives easier though offering the highest quality printer, technology and communications services at the fairest prices. We honor honesty and integrity above all, so if you need your laser printer repaired for any reason, you can be sure to count on us.