As with any printer, the most common and inevitable problem you may encounter while printing is a paper jam. To begin troubleshooting the problem, determine the area where the jam is occurring and examine the area. Most printer makes and models can be fixed in the same or a similar way since most jams occur due to a paper path blockage or a worn roller. It is important to remember to avoid pulling stuck paper from the front of the unit, as it may cause damage to the printer. Instead, remove the paper from the back of the printer or paper tray.
How To Clear a Paper Jam
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord. Typically, the power cord must be disconnected to allow the paper feed rollers to turn freely.
- Locate the rear access door at the back of the printer and then open it by turning the dial or knob.
- From the rear access door opening, remove the jammed paper. If some of the jammed paper cannot be removed from the rear access opening, carefully remove it from the front of the unit.
- Make sure to locate and remove any small bits of paper. Once finished, restack and reload new paper into the loading tray.
- Reinstall the rear access door.
- Reconnect the power cord to the unit and turn the unit on.
- Test the printer by simply sending a document to the printer, or by pressing and holding the Resume button until the machine starts printing a test page.
Still Having Trouble?
If this is the case, your printer may have a hardware problem like a malfunctioning roller. You may need to get your laser printer repaired. Request fast laser printer repair online or call us at 1-646-846-2281 ext. 1 and one of our technicians will arrive at your office to assist you within 8 business hours or less. You can trust us because we've been repairing HP Printers in the NYC Area since they were invented, and all of our repairs are backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee as part of our Smart Service Doctrine.
Here at A M Exclusive, our goal is to provide you with reliable technology solutions that will make your organization more efficient. Since 1985, we have been striving to make our clients’ busy work lives easier though offering the highest quality printer, technology and communications services at the fairest prices. We honor honesty and integrity above all, so if you need your laser printer repaired for any reason, you can be sure to count on us.